To learn more about Afirma, visit Afirma.com.
1. Data on file at Thyroid Cytopathology Partners. 2018.
* Indeterminate (Bethesda III/IV) includes atypia of undermined significance or follicular lesion of undermined significance (AUS/FLUS) and follicular neoplasm or suspicious for a follicular neoplasm (FN/SFN).
2. Duick DS, Klopper JP, Diggans JC, Friedman L, Kennedy GC, Lanman RB, et al. The impact of benign gene expression classifier test results on the endocrinology decision-to-operate in patients with thyroid nodules with indeterminate FNA cytopathology. Thyroid. Published Online July 12, 2012.
3. Alexander, EK,. Schorr, M, Klopper, J, Kim, C, Sipos, J, Nabhan, F, Parker, C, Steward, DL, Mandel, SJ, Haugen, BR. Multi-center clinical experience with the Afirma Gene Expression Classifier. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. E-publication ahead of print October 23, 2013.
4. Patel, JAMA Surgery, 2018.
5. Wang CC, Friedman L, Kennedy GC, Wang H, Kebebew E, Steward DL, et al. A Large Multicenter Correlation Study of Thyroid Nodule Cytopathology and Histopathology. Thyroid. 2011;21:243-251.
6. Gharib H, Papini E, Paschke R, Duick DS, Valcavi R, Hegedüs L, et al. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Associazione Medicie Endocrinologi, and European Thyroid Association medical guidelines for clinical practice for the diagnosis and management of thyroid nodules: executive summary of recommendations. Endocr Pract. 2010;16(S1):1-43.
7. Cooper DS, Doherty GM, Haugen BR, Kloos RT, Lee SL, Mandel SJ, et al. Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer. Thyroid.2009;19:1167-1214.
8. Jameson JL. Minimizing Unnecessary Surgery for Thyroid Nodules. N Engl J Med. 2012; 367:765-767.